Thursday, February 9, 2012

Teach and Learn with Georgia

It has been over two years since my last overseas adventure, so I'm due for another one. This time I'm bound for the Republic of Georgia to teach English abroad for approximately four months. I submitted my application to Teach and Learn with Georgia via an agency called Footprints Recruiting on January 9, and I didn't find out whether or not I'd be going until last Tuesday. I could be leaving as early as February 25 and as late as March 2, but I probably won't know my exact date of departure until a couple days before I fly out.

This opportunity is very important to me for a number of different reasons. First, while I am thankful to have been hired at CVS, I feel as if working there has really taken a toll on me. I am optimistic that going abroad again will restore my sense of self-worth and self-confidence. In fact, I already feel more upbeat. Second, I have itchy feet in a completely non-fungal and non-bacterial way. Ever since I was old enough to read, I've loved learning about different cultures and languages, and this has translated to an overwhelming need to travel. The world is my playground. Finally, I have always loved school, and I see myself going into the education field. Teaching abroad will undoubtedly help me to explore this career interest.

Insha'Allah, this experience will everything that I need it to be and more.

1 comment: