Monday, January 25, 2010

Cairo-Bound Take One

At first it felt like I had never left home--because I hadn't. I had originally intended to fly to Cairo via Paris on the 21st, but the flight was canceled because the plane's PA system didn't work. When AirFrance made the announcement, I scrambled to procure another seat, find my luggage, and get home from the airport. Thank goodness my parents helped me in the wee hours of the morning.

Believe it or not, sitting in Logan Airport for nine hours wasn't that bad. I sat near several Frenchmen, and contrary to popular belief, they were friendly and humorous. After the AirFrance staff announced that they would update us in another hour, one Frenchman exclaimed, "Vive la France!" Then he swore and asked me to please excuse his French. I also met a seasoned traveler from Portugal and a professor at Boston University who was traveling to the American University in Cairo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment