Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Horseback Riding After Dark

Last night I went horseback riding under the stars. At first I felt bad because some of the horses, including mine, were a bit on the skinny side. I was annoyed because a man held onto my horse's reins instead of letting me control the horse. Finally another Egyptian man that spoke some English was able to translate for me. My horse went from the back of the group to the front with one other student, Ryan. He pointed out Orion's Belt.

The pyramids were so far away. I could see them, but I was disappointed. I thought that we were going to be right next to them instead of miles away. I quickly learned that my horse responded to the verbal commands of the Egyptian men. My horse took off galloping! It was such an adrenaline rush. I eventually got him under control, but I really wasn't ready for that. I joined the first group, and left my group behind in the dust. My horse galloped some more, and riding was a thrill, but at the same time, I was sad about the state of the horses and disgusted by the trash on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment